Saturday, July 11, 2009

King Warrior Magician Lover

On July 9, 2009 at our EC meeting, I began a presentation that I hadn't really had time to winnow down to the time we had available to cover it.

It was about Robert Moore's and Douglas Gillette's 1990 book called "King Warrior Magician Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine."

I had mentioned this book in an earlier meeting and Peter expressed interest in hearing more about it. So we made it the subject of a meeting.

But since it's too much to cover in one meeting, Peter suggested I blog it. So I cleaned up and completed the copy I had started. I have created a website and put it up there. This link below takes you to it.

If everyone is interested and reads it, then we'll be able to discuss it in a future meeting if we so choose.

Of course, you can just buy the book yourself but this is only (?) :) 7 pages which is a darn sight less than the whole book! What I eliminated to create this was mostly cultural histories, anecdotes, excess examples and redundant material. Otherwise, the core of the information is there.

http://sites.google.com/site/karenhzipser/home/king-warrior-magician-lover-summary

No comments: